Privacy and cookies policy
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. This personal information may include the following:
- name, postal address and contact details;
- payment details;
- technical and analytical information obtained through cookies;
- other information you provide to us; and
- we may also obtain information from third parties such as credit reference
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information through the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non-Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Geographical Information
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
- Automatic Information
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
- Log Data
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Under the Child’s Online Privacy Security Act, no Website operator can require, as a condition to involvement in an activity, that a child younger than 13 years of age divulge more details than is reasonably required. Rated Driving Instructors abides by this demand. Rated Driving Instructors just collects information willingly offered; no information is gathered passively. Children under 13 can submit only their email address when sending us an email in our “Contact Us” area. Rated Driving Instructors makes use of the email address to respond to a one-time demand from a child under 13 and afterwards deletes the email address. In case Rated Driving Instructors collects and maintains personal information relating to a child under 13, the parent may send out an email to us to review, alter and/or erase such info as well as to decline to enable any additional collection or use of the child’s information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- responding to any enquiries which you make to us relating to any of our products or services;
- in certain circumstances, to carry out a credit reference search in order to establish your financial suitability for our training services;
- to process and administer your payments;
- to monitor site usage to develop and administer our websites; and
- to provide you with promotional information about our books, standards, software, training and offers
How We Share Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our agents and service providers;
- our infrastructure providers;
- a third party who acquires our business; and
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law
Reasons We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- where it is necessary to perform our contract with you;
- where it is required by law;
- where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time; or
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business
You have rights under data protection laws, in certain circumstances, including to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you. If we need further information we will let you know.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition, you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at https://ico.org.uk/
Links to Other Websites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser. No Web or email transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Website may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of email.
Retention of Information
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
Kevin Tuffney – firstname.lastname@example.org